Thursday, November 23, 2017

THANKSGIVING 2017

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Buddies!  And Happy Thanksgiving!!

This is just a short post for the holiday.  While we are able to return to our traditional Texas Thanksgiving meal this year (Turkey Dogs, Tater Tots, and homemade Sweet Potato Pie!), there are lots of things to reflect upon this year.

Every morning on my walk, I offer thanks for my life, my parents, my spousal-unit, my health, and my good fortune.  But there are other things I want to mention here.

I expand upon my thankfulness for the spousal-unit who, for completely unknown reasons, chooses to stick around even as I move us and stick him smack in the middle of a kitchen renovation!  :)  He obviously got the dose of patience I missed out on.

I am thankful my aunt had a long and full life... and am thankful she does not have to suffer any longer.  I am thankful to so many in Louisiana who provided care and love to my aunt.  We should all be so lucky to have such wonderful care in our final years.  Bless all of you.

I am thankful to be back in Texas and able to have OUR traditional Thanksgiving meal!  I am also happy to be in a new city that offers all I need without all the things that aren't great about a big city.

I am thankful for Ikea and the reasonable proximity to my new location!!  I continue to be thankful for the spousal-unit who is able to interpret the assembly drawings and is willing to put the darned stuff together!

I am thankful for so many friends who continue to stick with me, even as I move from state-to-state!  It is wonderful to keep those relationships going and I appreciate their willingness to do so.

There are plenty more... but I will let you get to YOUR traditional Thanksgiving meal now.  :)

Gobble, Gobble...

Until next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment