Tuesday, October 29, 2019

A YARD IS MORE THAN THREE FEET!

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Buddies!!

Okay.  I did warn you there was a lot coming!  (You can always skip one of the posts and read it later... when I am back to not posting for too long!)

So... things that had not been unpacked for many years began finding their way out of the boxes.  One group was purchased from Sunset Canyon Pottery on the way to Dripping Springs from Austin.  The artist is Haydn Larson and I have all manner of items he did.  Just really enjoyed his work.  Have multiple pots, a "Booted Buddha", a wonderful gargoyle... just lots of things that make me smile when I see them.  I was thrilled to get all of the "hangers" out again.  The ones with "wings" at the upper right are "Garden Singers."  The ones with the long curling beards at the bottom are "Storytellers."  Each beard bottom can hold a votive candle.  There are a few that are just random.  The metal items are not his.  At any rate... here they are:

Okay.  Being born and bred in Louisiana, I do have an affinity for 'gators!  I have a few that are clearly made to be such... but occasionally I can "see" a 'gator somewhere it isn't quite so clear.  Do you see him?

I think I have posted a lot of the bird feeders we keep out year-round.  When it is hummingbird time, I try to change out the sugar-water every third day.  It was rather amusing when I approached one of the feeders and didn't immediately know what I was seeing... until I got closer.  Had to laugh!!
Huh?  Is there a leaf on the hook?
Uh.  NO!  LOL!!  Not sure what it thought it might catch at that location?  But was pretty darned funny!

Alrighty!!  I did a post in the Spring on the new beds I had set up.  At that time, the plants were all new.  I have added a couple of new plants since then and the originals have had a chance to grow over the summer.  See the first post here if you want to see the progress.
 Back-to-Back 'Gators.
Click on this one to see the pink Turk's Cap flowers in center.
 Click on this one to see "Nessie" and its buddy to the left that is reading "The Eyes of the Dragon" by Stephen King.

So there you have it.  Far more than three feet!!  A yard can just be fun!

Until next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment